Thursday, June 23, 2016

Scars

I didn't know where he was taking me
but that didn't matter.
I was just happy I got to spend time with him.
After a short drive he pulled up to a bar
that I have been to before.
I would never forget my first time there.
As we walked In I insisted we sit at the bar.
Then I glanced over at the booth 
where I once sat with someone
who I was madly in love with.
I remember when we sat there holding hands and I rubbed by thumb across the scars on his wrist.
We finally were able to touch one another without getting yelled at.
We were finally free to be with one another and do whatever we wanted.
As fucked up as he was
I strongly believed he was the one
but I was wrong like I am about everyone I fall in love with.
My problem is that no matter what all I see are the best qualities in people.
I don't judge them for their mistakes or past. 
I'm also a strong believer in that anything is possible.
So when I see something I like in someone I run with it.
Yes I do get hurt, quite often actually
but I would rather have loved and lost
than to not have loved at all.
Thankfully I practice having control over my thoughts.
I don't think about anything and I just live in the present moment, embracing everything that is in front and around me.
I see things that others don't see because I'm not caught up in my mind.
So I stopped thinking about it 
and focused on who I was with now.
He's actually a much better guy 
in more ways than one.
Like I said before anything is possible.







No comments:

Post a Comment