Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I Fucking Did It!!!!!

It has been the craziest couple of weeks. I'll start from the beginning. I had a place and roommate about two months before I was supposed to move to the city. We set a move in date and everything and then a week before I'm supposed to leave, the morning after my girlfriends and I celebrate the big move, we were sitting at Denny's and I get a text from my roommate saying he's having family problems and that it's, "Not A Good Time." In the past if something like that happened to me I would have a mental breakdown, but I didn't I'm a very strong woman now and I can handle whatever life throws my way. I did stop the car on the way home and cried a little bit but I sucked it up. I wasn't going to give up, especially after working so hard for several months for this. I have never wanted something so badly in my entire life. So change of plan I had to find a place to live. At first I really tried to find a place by the 18th so I'd still move on my planned move in date.  It was the most stressful week of my life. Messaging tons of people all day from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. Phone calls, faceTime, sending the same desperate message to so many people. Getting my hopes up over and over again thinking this one might be it but no. After almost getting scammed twice and being so fucking mentally exhausted I had to accept it couldn't happen that fast. One week is not enough time. I had to tell myself it was okay if I didn't move that day. The day I planned and was so excited for. I stayed strong even though deep down I felt disappointed in myself. But I knew I had to do the smart thing. This is a huge move and I saved only so much money. I had to be smart, take my time and not rush into anything. One of my problems well I don't know if you would call it a problem but I would never ask for help even though I needed it. I think one time when I was a kid and in class I asked a question and everyone laughed at me so ever since then I always kept to myself. Ever since I got help two yrs ago I've been getting better with it. I will ask for help if I need it. And after a week of hell trying to find a place on my own I had to ask friends and family for help. Thank god for my aunt and my friends  that helped me out with this because it is so hard to try and move to the city all on your own. I got in touch with a friend of mine that lives in Manhattan that I hadn't seen since high school and she helped me so much. Told me about all of these Facebook groups for housing, asked around if anyone needed roommates, and even let me crash on her couch this week so I can find a place. I truly believe if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have found such an amazing place. I hope she reads this and knows how thankful I am. You have helped me so much Janelle and it means so much to me. So my first day room hunting my first place to checkout was in Manhattan near Riverside Park. It was a month sublet for October and the place was absolutely beautiful, almost too beautiful. High ceilings, super clean, art on the walls, antiques. The two things that caught my eye was the Buddha painting on the wall and these antique lockers next to a piano in the spacious living room. The bedroom was incredible too. The bed was huge. lots of space and a great view from the window. I had such a good feeling about it but Janelle's friend had a place that was a little cheaper and most importantly long term. I wouldn't mind a month sublet to get my ass into the city but if I could put the same or even less the amount of money into something long term I'd rather do that. So I told the landlord I absolutely loved it but there was a place I really wanted that I was going to see the next day and I told him I would keep him posted. So yesterday I went to checkout the place and I was so heart set on it. But unfortunately they had other people that were going to check it out and she had to talk to the landlord this weekend. There was no guarantee that I would get the place let alone be able to move in October 1st like I was planning. I left really let down. Janelle told me I would find something nicer and she was right. This morning I woke up hungover and dreading having to look at places again. Then I got woken up from a call informing me that I got the dog walking job that I interviewed for and that I start next week. I was so happy and that was enough motivation to get my ass off the couch and look for places. I signed up on a different subletting site emailed a shit ton of people. I didn't hear anything back after a couple of hours so I went to forever 21 and bought myself a new black leather jacket and pair of sunglasses. If I was going to take on the city I was going to look bad ass while doing it. When I got back to my friends place I received a message from the guy from the first place I looked at,"Are you still Interested?" And I so badly wanted to say yes but I would rather get something long term. So I told him I really love your place but the one I'm waiting to hear back from is more long term. Then he told me his place is available till august. When he agreed that I only have to pay month to month no security or first and last months rent, I said yes. He told me it's all mine and I broke out into tears. Tears of joy. When I pictured myself in a room in New York it was exactly like the one I'd be moving in to. Perfect location, awesome roommates, super clean, big bed, art all around, great view, gorgeous apartment. I move in this weekend. Then I start working and my adventure finally begins. I fucking did it!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment