Sunday, July 26, 2015

Keep it in the book.

The other day I almost told a friend the horrific stuff that happened with my father. I usually don't tell anyone or want to tell anyone because it's so messed up and I don't want them to feel bad for me or look at me in a different way. I don't know if it was the whiskey or that I felt comfortable but it started coming out like word vomit. Mid conversation my friend got distracted and didn't ask about it again so I just kind of dropped it and didn't bring it up again. I was a little upset thinking maybe he didn't care but now I'm glad I didn't finish telling him. It is a lot to handle and I don't think it's fair I just throw it on him. I think it is best I keep it in the book. That way people have a choice if they want to hear it or not. It's kind of like a horror movie, some people can handle it and some can't. And I don't want to force someone who hates horror movies to watch one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment